Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Things Can Only Get Better

I am a child of 80's pop music. I'm a fan of music that a hardcore nigga should get slapped for even knowing about. I came up on Human League, Duran Duran, Thomas Dolby, ABC, a whole host of soft soap assed music that niggas in my hood let me know was unacceptable. One of my favorite artists during this period was Howard Jones. He had a few hits, one of the most notable was "Things Can Only Get Better". This song has been running through my head all night. I think I know why.

Scene 1
Yesterday I went to lunch with a bunch of people including E(xtra).T(itties)., the chick from that dinner thing I went to last week. Afterwards, as people were leaving, she and a friend of hers stuck around kicking with me about investments. Just chatting and shit. Then it's like she and her girl are tag-team interviewing me. My likes, dislikes, who I'm dating, what I do for fun, stuff like that. I'm being kinda blunt with them. I can't explain why but I was saying some off the cuff shit. "Man, my credit is fucked up. I ain't investing in shit. I love easy women. Leave the hard work for smooth niggas." Just talking shit. As we were leaving, ET asked if I'd like to go out for drinks tomorrow after work. I said cool and the date was made.

Scene 2
I was working on a document for staff yesterday when I got an incoming e-mail from Jayne Kennedy. I had no contact with her since we went to lunch that day. She was inviting me to an art exhibit/young professionals networking event next week. I emailed her back, "It's ok if you just wanna go out with me. I won't tell. We don't have to act like it's just a networking event." She emails back, "You're so silly. :-) I just want someone I know to be there." Folks, I'm the muthafuckin' stranger in town. She's from here and lived here all her life. You don't think she could've gotten someone else to go with her so she wouldn't be alone? I wrote back, "I'll go, but only so I can see you." "I'll see you Thursday!" she responded. Is she just using me to look like she got a date? Probably, but that won't be the first or last time someone underestimated my determination to get into their pants. You just started some shit I gots ta finish JK!

Scene 3
Batshit got back from Asia yesterday so I went to check her out. We kicked it, went to Mongolian Barbeque (to give her flashbacks of her trip) then when back to her crib. A little relaxing, a little lingerie, a little massaging, and a lotta fucking ensued. After we finished, she told me she couldn't keep trying to separate the sex from her emotions. She said that it was putting her in a bad place spiritually and that was the last time we'd have sex. I said "OK" and fell asleep. She woke me up twice to ask me how come I wasn't more upset. I told her, I said "Batshit, " cuz that what I calls her, I says "Batshit, we knew it would come to this. I told you a long time ago we were incompatible. You know we're incompatible. Why try to fight it? This wouldn't work out long term anyway. " I slept horribly for 3 hours and got up to go home.

Epilogue
All in all, yesterday was a damn good day. I got two potentials and a bad seed might be off my team. It's definitely better than my weekend.

Y'all Keep It Clean For Me Next Time,
KZ

2 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

Jayne Kennedy: Good job, Grasshopper...I knew you wouldn't give up! :-)

BATSHIT: I scared my cat, I was laughing so hard..."I said, Batshit, cause that's what I calls her..." LMAAAAAAAO!!!!!

Disco said...

You's a pretty funny muthafucka...I must say....but that hole part about "Man, my credit is fucked up. I ain't investing in shit. I love easy women. Leave the hard work for smooth niggas."

nigga....that shit is REALLY how yo ass IS! Be true to yo'self and da readers!! I knoooows u!! HA!

And P.S. I knew JK wanted yo stankin ass too! LOL She is trying to put up that "I don't want to REALLY VERBALLY admit that I want you and yo balls in my face, so I'mma play it sly". thaaaaaaaaaaaat bitch ain't foolin nobody! LOL I'm a woman! I KNOW the routine! :-)