Monday, October 03, 2005

What's In A Name?

Hey peoples? This post is sooooo lightweight it'll blow away in a stiff breeze. I'm sick of talking to my boss about where my budget shit is, to my cell phone company about getting a new phone, to my bank about stopping payment on a series of checks, and to the auto glass people who are late coming to my job to fix my window. My shit is gone and I'm sick of talking about it. So I'ma do what most bloggers do: talk about a pet peeve.

My shit's not really a peeve, it's a piss. I don't get peeved, I get pissed. So my pet piss for today is non-evocative names. I mean names that don't call to mind a damn thing. I hope I don't offend any of y'all, but then again you don't pick your own name so why get offended?

The shit I hate is a name like Gary. What the fuck? Is that a strong man's name? No, it's just a name. Gary. It's pussy as all get out. Kyle is another one. Kyle. Is Kyle coming to rescue you? Nope. Kyle is too busy sucking his lover's dick.

There are a gang of them: Joel, Josh, Jayce, and that's just the damn Js. These names are nonstarters. You don't know what the fuck you're gonna get when you see that name written down. I guess some people like that bland shit but it's a cowardly assed way to name your seed.

I'm not calling them soft names. At least a man named Stacy, Tracy or Leslie makes you think of something. You think, this cat may be soft. But I guarantee a nigga with any of those names is either really soft or really hard. It won't be some ol' noncommittal shit like you'll get with Jayce. A nigga like Gary will stay out of your way and not bother anybody. A nigga named Carol will crack your fucking skull just for looking at him.

I'mma name my seed something offensive or something deep and shit. Either O.J. or Ghandhi.

And that's my little non sequitur. I'll go back to the usual staples of office politics and sex tomorrow.

Peace,
KZ

6 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

I actually understand where you're coming from! At first, I didn't, but I now know. The names I can't stand are those ghetto ass names like, Mercedes,Alize,Johnquita...EEWWWWWW It just stomps on my last nerve.

brooklyn babe said...

Did someone say sex.....????

Didi Roby said...

What the hell? lmao:) Pet Piss...I like it:)

O.J. or Ghandhi Huh?? How about Roy?...Roy is strong:)

And yes my love...I'm ready! Is that the best you can do? *wink*

Knockout Zed said...

@CC
There are of course female equivalents of names that evoke nothing. I really hate those more than ghetto names. I'm serious. At least I see that parents were trying in their own little facile way. They're trying to make a "special" name. But damn, what do you think of when you hear: Kirstie, Kirsten, Caitlin, Jenna, Tera, Kera, et al. Nada. They evoke blandness. I hope I didn't say your name, CC. I luv you.

@BB
On my last post it was intimated that I don't respect women. That's not the case, so I tried something a little different. I'll get back to "basics" soon.

@DD
Roy is a strong name. Exactly! I'll try better on your post. I'd like to ask you a ton of stuff ;)

KZ

Chubby Chocolate said...

VERY TRUE.

I can't stand those names either.

No worries! My name is far removed from that list.

Someone I know just discovered my blog, so it might get leaked sooner or later...

NameLiar said...

Ha! I am dying laughing...I know a nigga named Lindsey and his ass is hard core like a mutha...When my best friend told she was dating a nigga named Lindsey I was like who the hell named him that puss ass shit. He truly is far from pussy....lol

I'm glad I don't have a boring ass name either.